Ironmongery and DIY
The substantial increase in demand for home-related products, both online and in shops, has led to stockouts and serious supply problems for many of the products sold in hardware stores and DIY centres.
The main objective facing the sector is to guarantee the supply of products to all customers and professionals, and to achieve this it must focus on process digitalisation and automation.
Products with very heterogeneous weights, volumes and morphologies, bottlenecks and delivery delays. What can industry players and intralogistics engineering companies do to improve the situation?
Trends in the ironmongery and DIY sector:
- New communication channels between customer (hardware and DIY sector) and supplier (logistics and transport services) for planning and forecasting
- Digitalisation of shops and processes
- Automation of logistics processes to cope with fluctuations in demand
ULMA’s automated warehouse systems offer an optimal solution to the complex material management system in the hardware and DIY sector, considering service and product quality parameters of vital importance.
Companies in the hardware and DIY sector that are able to offer the best quality of the best product, in the shortest possible time and at an optimal price are more successful. A simple equation to understand and, nonetheless, impossible to achieve without the application of new technologies, which are required throughout the entire supply chain, from before the production phase until the item in question is placed in the customers' hands.
- Automated warehouses with materials stored in pallets, boxes or trays maximising process efficiency
- Fully automated or semi-automated solutions depending on each company's needs
- Capacity for future growth through scalable solutions
- Flexible order picking systems
- Safety and ergonomics in the workplace
- Robots for automated palletising and depalletising
- Automated transport systems: Sorting Transfer Vehicle (STV), Automated Guided Vehicles (AGV), among others
- Thanks to the u·mind universe, the management will be simplified, optimised and have the required sophistication to help industrial companies in their management: connecting production and intralogistics
- Monitoring the installation in real time thanks to u·mind Sentinel