The fashion industry is moving towards an omni-channel service, where permanent product availability results in an optimal customer service experience. Nowadays, consumers not only want to enjoy their shopping experience, but they demand the same experience for the return of products.
Fast deliveries and easy returns, combined with the consumers’ demands for quality and price, place the internal logistics of fashion companies in a niche opportunity allowing them to optimise their intralogistics and reverse logistics processes.
In this context, logistics automation offers an undisputed guarantee to meet consumer demand at the right time, with the right product, at the right place.
Trends in the fashion sector:
- Omni-channel order picking
- Need for improved efficiency in reverse logistics
- Considerable growth in e-commerce
- Permanent availability of products
- Increase in the frequency and speed of deliveries
- Export of textile production: tariffs, legal requirements, etc.
- Increased fluctuation in order picking due to special promotions
ULMA Handling Systems develops crucial solutions for companies in the fashion industry, enabling efficient order picking for all possible sales channels: e-commerce, click & collect or physical shops.
What can we offer to improve your intralogistics system?
ULMA has flexible systems that can adapt to the changing fluctuations in retail and e-commerce, from goods reception, automated warehouses and order picking to reverse logistics services.
- Automated warehouses with materials stored in pallets, boxes or trays maximising process efficiency
- Fully automated or semi-automated solutions depending on each company's needs
- Capacity for future growth through scalable solutions
- Flexible order picking systems
- Safety and ergonomics in the workplace
- Robots for automated palletising and depalletising
- Automated transport systems: Sorting Transfer Vehicle (STV), Automated Guided Vehicles (AGV), among others
- Thanks to the u·mind universe, the management will be simplified, optimised and have the required sophistication to help companies in their management: connecting production and intralogistics
- Monitoring the installation in real time thanks to u·mind Sentinel
Solutions for the Fashion sector
Receipt of goods
- Receipt of goods from suppliers and/or production
- Goods quality check
Automated warehouse for textile garments and footwear
Efficiency and productivity in order picking
- Ergonomic depalletising and palletising stations: allow ergonomic assisted order picking of packages or load units
- Automatic palletising and depalletising: IK Pal robot and anthropomorphic robot, among others.
- Goods to Person Solution: light load conveyors and crossbelt sorter, among others.
- Person to Goods Solution: Pick to Light and Picking Cart